It is an exciting time to be a part of making a difference towards Kingston’s “10-year Plan to End Homelessness”. Join us in making that difference.
Home Base Housing develops and manages a range of safe, affordable housing, emergency shelters and support services to meet the needs of youth, adults and families at risk of homelessness in the Kingston area.
Become a part of a progressive and flexible organization that provides a range of leading-edge services in the field of homelessness, housing and supports.
Our organization is located in historic downtown Kingston which has wonderful restaurants and shopping including outdoor markets in the summer and skating in the winter.
We are seeking experienced individuals who brings enthusiasm, knowledge, and creativity to their work.
The successful candidate will have at their core a profound respect for persons who are experiencing a variety of life challenges and will have the requisite skills and experience to help them make positive changes.
The Relief Support Worker is assigned to provide coverage when full-time staff are unable to be at work and where coverage is required to deliver the program. The Relief Support Worker adheres to the policies of Home Base Housing and to the Program where they are assigned.
• Creating a welcoming, supportive, respectful and safe atmosphere
• Providing assistance and interim support to clients in attendance
• Promoting safety and security at all times, taking action as required
• Maintaining daily housekeeping routines with tenant involvement as appropriate
• Attending program meetings and training sessions as requested
• Demonstrated knowledge of homelessness issues, services available, mental health and /or addiction issues
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
• Strong client focus
• Skills in planning and implementation of activities
• Demonstrated ability to deal with hard to serve clients and negotiate difficult situations
• Computer competency related to job function
Qualifications and Requirements
• university degree or community college diploma in a related discipline
• minimum three years work experience in human services
• possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle, with appropriate insurance
• Non-violent Crisis Intervention Training or related training
• First Aid and CPR
• CPIC – vulnerable sector required prior to employment
Please forward resume and cover letter (in PDF format ONLY) by email to:
Dawn Sadler firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Home Base Housing. We are currently not seeking volunteers at this time. Please check our website in the future. Thanks!