The Relief Support Worker is assigned to provide coverage when full-time staff are unable to be at work and where coverage is required to deliver the program. The Relief Support Worker adheres to the policies of Home Base Housing and to the Program where they are assigned.
• Creating a welcoming, supportive, respectful and safe atmosphere
• Providing assistance and interim support to clients in attendance
• Promoting safety and security at all times, taking action as required
• Maintaining daily housekeeping routines with tenant involvement as appropriate
• Attending program meetings and training sessions as requested
Skills and Knowledge
• Demonstrated knowledge of homelessness issues, services available, mental health and /or addiction issues
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
• Strong client focus
• Skills in planning and implementation of activities
• Demonstrated ability to deal with hard to serve clients and negotiate difficult situations
• Computer competency related to job function
Qualifications and Requirements
• university degree or community college diploma in a related discipline
• minimum three years work experience in human services
• possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle, with appropriate insurance
• Non-violent Crisis Intervention Training or related training
• First Aid and CPR
• CPIC – vulnerable sector required prior to employment
Please forward resume and cover letter (in PDF format ONLY) by email to:
Angela Watson, Supervisor, Lily’s Place Emergency Shelter
Please note that ONLY PDF attachments will be forwarded to appropriate managers.
No phone calls, please! Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Thanks!